Social Media Monitoring
What is Social Media Monitoring?
Listening to people’s conversations in the real world can give you insight into what people say about you. Social Media Monitoring is the equivalent of listening to someone’s conversation through ‘open’ communication channels online.
What is the purpose of Social Media Monitoring?
The internet is a place that houses millions of conversations, using the correct tools they can be stored, sorted and searched for information on your brand, product, competition or overall market.
It is an agency’s role to discover, sort and analyse this data into useful information that can be used to strengthen your marketing activity and engage with consumers online.
No Pork Pies can…
- Set up monitoring around core areas of analysis
- Conduct an in-depth Social Media Audit
- Conduct monthly reporting and insights around your Social Activity and brand
- Manage your alert tracking to notify you of any (near) real-time discussion around your brand
- Manage your engagement for you through online monitoring and an Engagement Strategy
- Use multiple tools to develop an ROI model for your Social Media Activity
Other things to consider…
The skills required for Social Media Monitoring include the ability to analyse large levels of data and pull meaningful results from them. This is usually something that isn’t considered when looking into Monitoring but is the most time-consuming and important aspect.
There are multiple Social Media Monitoring tools but we are yet to find a ‘one fits all’ product. You need to consider multiple areas, such as a tool to conduct in-depth analysis (usually one-off reports), a tool to use for on-going real time Engagement and alert-tracking and a tool for performance reporting and Analytics, not to mention Social CRM tools and many other platform-based tools. It is very difficult to get a tool that fits all of these requirements, we use multiple tools and in-house processes to conduct this process.
Contact us to find out how we can help monitor what your customers are saying about you.